Roblan Pty Limited History
1945 Upon completion of his toolmaking apprenticeship with British Novelties David Robertson founded his own toolmaking business.
1946 Evan (Darkie) Morris started with Moulded Plastics, on 3rd March, he became Production Foreman, under Alfred Willis.
1947 Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited was incorporated on 26th June as Toolmakers.
1951 Ken Toulmin joined Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited on 5th February. Ken was Chairman of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and Roblan's senior tool designer.
1955 Jack McParland joined Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited on 5th February. Jack was the General Manager and Finance Director of Roblan till his retirement on 15th July 1988
1956 Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited amalgamated with Moulded Plastics, and diversified into plastic moulding manufacture.
1957 Ken Arthur joined Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited on 1st September as a Toolmaker. He later became Moulding Division Manager and a Company Director with Roblan Pty Ltd . Ken is a Past Chairman of the Moulders Committee (Plastics Institute of Australia).
1959 Roblan Holdings Pty Limited was incorporated on 6th April.
1961 David Robertson and Harry Butler travelled overseas to investigate recent developments in Toolmaking machinery, Metal Stamping technology and apprenticeship selection and training.
1967 RPC Pty Ltd (trading as Roblan Precision Components) was incorporated on 10th October, 1967.
1968 Roblan pioneered the use of N.C. (numerical control) machinery in Australian toolrooms.
Towards the end of the year Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited erected its 34,000 sq. ft. (3,160 sq. m.) manufacturing premises at 233 Catherine Street, Leichhardt.
On 30th December Jim MacDonald started as an apprentice toolmaker.
1969 Tom Peninton started as a Trainee Accountant, with Roblan Pty Limited, on 3rd March.
1974 On 12th August, RPC Pty Ltd changed its name to Roblan Pty Limited
1975 Roblan introduced robots and automation to its plastic moulding manufacture.
1979 The Accessories Division (Tooling & Machine Components) was formed, as the demand for high quality interchangeable tooling components became more widespread in Australia
1986 On 3rd November, Laszlo Magyar started as the Plastic Moulding Production Manager with Roblan Pty Limited on 3rd March
1994 Roblan's Quality Management System was certification to AS/NZSISO9002
1998 Roblan's Quality Management System received certification to QS-9000 in February.
2006 Roblan's Quality Management System received certification to ISO/TS 16949 for the Metal Pressing Division.
2007 Roblan purchased the business assets and trading name of Press Shop Automation - PSA.
2009 On 25th May, Roblan Pty Limited purchased the business assets of Patina Plastics with the range on corporate products including Bowls. Hangers, Handles, Hooks and Fasteners.
2011 Roblan's PSA Divison moved to new premises at 1A Capital Court Braeside, Victoria, on 15th January
2013 In January 2013, Roblan’s Plastic Injection Moulding Machines were upgraded with the latest Sepro Robotic Technology.
2015 In October 2015, Roblan’s PSA and Tooling Divisions were relocated to 19 Broadhurst Road. Adjacent to the Press Shop at 17 Broadhurst Road.
2018 The Chairman and Founder or Roblan Pty Limited David Sharpe Robertson past away in September.
Tom Peninton was appointed the Roblan Board of Directors Chairman in November.
2020 In June 2020 Apex Building Services completed the Roblan Plastic Moulding Factory at 19b Broadhurst Road Ingleburn
In September 2020 Eric Martin retired as Managing Director, he continued the be a member of the Board of Directors.
Robertson & Lansley Pty Ltd sold the Leichhardt Factory and Premises and in October 2020 the Moulding and Administration Divisions moved to the new premises at Ingleburn.
Tom Peninton was appointed Managing Director of Roblan Pty Limited in November 2020
Click this link The Roblan Story for a more